Friday, April 19, 2013

Fun With Food!

It snowed today.
Yes.
In April.
Snow.
In spring.
Crazy Hohhot.

So I've been cooking up a storm this week. I made kimchi, pickles, marinated potatoes, meatballs, cabbage rolls, corn muffins, sweet potato balls and terikayi chicken. I made all this stuff to pack healthy lunches for my long weekends of work. Most of it can be stuck in the freezer and pulled out when needed, warmed up, and packed to take away. Serious lunch packers all agree: Your meal should be tightly packed, but appealing to look at and exciting to dig into.

Today, I made curried lotus root stir-fry that's out of this world good. It's one I really have to share.

Some of you might think, "Lotus root?! That's scary stuff!" But really, it's not scary. If you like crunchy, slightly sweet (carroty) but also a bit of very light bite (radishy), you'll enjoy this. It also soaks up any flavor you put in with it. It's also beautiful! White lace, speckled with curry, graced with sauteed pepper and onion, sour bite of mustard seed...this is a dish that is sure to please. Total eye food.

 


You can get the recipe here. Only thing I did different is that it's a bit spicy for me, so I added about a teaspoon of sugar to cut some of the heat, and I also threw in three small cloves of sliced garlic (she suggested this too). And I didn't have curry leaves either, so added a little more curry powder instead.
This is good hot or cold. Which is good, cause it's in my lunch box. I'll put up a picture of the completed box later. :)

                                                                  * * * * * * * * * *


On another note, I got my hair done this week. Woooo. It was fun.





 Result: natural looking loose, fun curls.

Bed time!

Love ya'll.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment