Monday, January 21, 2013

I love Penguins

I love penguins.
And I love painting my nails.
I was on Pinterest earlier looking for some manicure ideas and found a penguin. So of course I had to do it. Too bad I'm not so great at painting left handed....but this is what I came out with...


 I like it :)
And it was fun.
And I have to get this out before I have to be "professional".

Next month it'll be back to clear and french manis.

But pinterest has given some great ideas! So till I leave....
I will have fun with nail polish.


How to do penguins:
Paint a base clear coat if you want. Let dry.
Paint black. Let dry.
Paint white spot. Let dry
With a toothpick, apply black dots for eyes.
With a toothpick, apply two dots for feet and one for his beak.
Let dry completely.
Apply top/clear coat. Let dry.


"Baby penguins":
Paint nails with clear coat.  Let dry.
Paint every other nail white, and the remaining orange. let dry.
On the white and orange bases, drop some black dots. Let dry.
On the white base nails, the middle dot should be orange. Apply the orange dot to the middle of the black dot with a toothpick.
On the orange base nail, the middle dot should be white. Apply the white dot to the middle of the black dot with a toothpick. Let dry.
Apply clear top coat.

You might wanna clean up your skin around the nail with a toothpick and nail polish remover. I always make a mess when painting my nails...ha.
 
Done!


No comments:

Post a Comment